Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Beef Penne Recipe

Beef Penne
 
Hey guys, I'm not dead! But in the past 5ish weeks, I have discovered that I'm a horrible blogger.
 
With that said, this is just a quick post to share one of our favorite recipes.
Please excuse the iphone pictures, I didn't feel like properly lighting or going to grab my camera- I was hungry. However next time I think I will because I just hate sucky photos.
 

 
 
Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
1 lb ground beef
1 tsp minced garlic
1 can (15oz) tomato puree
16 oz beef broth
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups chopped fresh spinach
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
 
Steps:
1. Cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain if needed.
2. Stir in the tomato puree, broth, seasoning, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
(Now is a good time to start the pasta and garlic bread.)
3. Once the meat part is boiling, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 15 minutes until slightly thickened. Add spinach; cook 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted.
4. Drain pasta and stir into beef. Sprinkle with cheese and cook 2-3 minutes longer until melted.
 
This dish goes well with garlic bread.
It makes 4 large portions, about 594 calories each. (I know, it's a meal you have to save for!)


No comments:

Post a Comment